19 June 2011

all the straws of hay in their haystack are actually needles

1: HONEY MOON

all day i have been thinking about the phrase "honeymoon". you recognize it, but if you look at it it's such a pretty phrase. honey moon. i want to live in those two words. i looked it up on wikipedia:

"The Merriam-Webster dictionary reports the etymology as from "the idea that the first month of marriage is the sweetest" (1546)."

as well as:

"One of the more recent citations in the Oxford English Dictionary indicates that, while today honeymoon has a positive meaning, the word was originally a reference to the inevitable waning of love like a phase of the moon."

sad, pretty things



2: ACQUIESCENCE



i wish i could articulate to everyone that i always want to listen. even though i firmly gather that it's next to if not impossible to fully understand someone, i still love to listen. anyone could talk to me and i would listen to them. i always seem to be able to sympathize with people. my entire life up to last month i thought that empathic was what i am. a latin teacher told me "sym" comes from i think greek and it means "with". usually i connect with people when they share personal things with me; those things. it's hard for me to make a meaningful attachment to someone based on trivial " " that i might have in common with them, but if someone shares a feeling or experience that i can identify with it's like i wonder how they could be missing from my life. it varies from person to person how open they are to share things like that. a lot of the time i think that i can't acknowledge or describe my feelings to people, but it's usually only when i have a problem or if i feel upset. i am extremely sensitive. often time i get upset about something and want to share it with someone but don't physically or mentally feel capable of doing that. at the same time i am more than okay with talking about things that have happened to me and about my thoughts, and also expect everyone else to be able to explain their feelings. but there are certain people who have a "knack" for talking about themselves and their problems in which they don't need the other person to sympathize. they don't need to even necessarily feel understood, they just want to be listened to. lives like a sack full of problems rather than like something good. something that is a burden; their life is special because it's so full of troubles and worries. a joy out of explaining an issue and desiring a resolve. i can never seem to explain myself to anyone but me




and i always lose my glasses


"i'm only shy when i want to be / my head between my cypress knees"

No comments:

Post a Comment